Saturday 29 December 2012

Making a List, Checking it Twice

Happy belated Christmas everyone! Hope you all had fun. We were with my family for a very relaxed Christmas, which was lovely after the busyness of house moving. We're now back home for a day and a half and then off to see the hubby's family. Fun times :)

Anyway, it's now time for Kelsey's 100 Day Hustle link-up. Just realised that she had us make a list and check it twice (once at the halfway-point, once now); do you reckon she might be Santa? Anyway, here are my results!

1. Finish frog project
Done! I'm part way through blogging about the quilts for my friends' new twins, here's a sneak peek of the completed quilts :)


2. Start and finish London project
Done! The London project was for my mum. More to come on this later, but here's a quick look.


3. Start and finish Mouthy Stitches bag and keyfob
Done very early on in the hustle, and sent to Sadie :)

Photos taken by Sadie

4. Pick out fabrics for a quilt for hubby and I
Not happened yet. Although I do now have some exciting new fabric - as my Christmas present my hubby took me out for a Thorntons hot chocolate (the epic one with a scoop of icecream in it, I went for toffee icecream and it was amazing) and then took me on to the fabric shop to pick out my present :) Very exciting, I'll show them to you soon! Probably not what I'll use for our quilt, but very fun all the same.

5. Maybe make some little things for people for Christmas
It didn't involve sewing, but my hubby and I did do some last-minute making. Will show you soon.

6. Make my Texting While Sewing block into a cushion
Wasn't expecting to find time for this, even before I knew I'd be moving house! Ah well, will get to it in the new year :)

And that's my list! It went pretty well I think. It feels weird entering the new year with no ongoing sewing projects (well, unless you count making that cushion). I'm quite excited about it though, and looking forward to picking what to make next!

Hope you all have a great new year, and see you soon!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Entering the New Year with no WIP's- I'm impressed! Your teaser photos look great especially the quilts for the twins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's amazing! starting out a new year without projects? that'll never happen to me! your starry bag is really cute btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you are starting the year without projects to finish! I have so many. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your completed projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your star bags, their great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sneak peek of the twin's quilts. The colors are perfect for baby. And wow for starting the year with no wip's, haha.

    ReplyDelete