Saturday 8 June 2013

Cushions and Pyjamas

Hi everyone :) I'm popping in to show you a couple of little projects I started and finished recently. I somehow ended up finishing these two projects and the Mushroom Houses quilt (more on that in a later post) all in one weekend. It was a little hectic! But good fun.

The first project was a cushion for my lovely mum-in-law. It was her 60th birthday recently and to celebrate we had a holiday in the Alps in France together, along with assorted family members including our gorgeous nephews, who are now 2! I thought I'd make a little something for her to remember the holiday by, so I started off with a little mountain scene:

 

And turned it into a cushion:


This means I've finally got over my fear of making cushions! I made a practice one first, and took the opportunity to also practice free motion quilting:



I was pretty proud of it! I still need a lot of practice befire attempting it on a full quilt, but I'm hoping it won't be too long before I can manage it.

The other project was a second pair of Lego pyjamas. This time round they were for my dad.



Here are my hubby and my dad together:



Fun times :) I'll be popping in again soon to show you the finished Mushroom Houses quilt, along with the start of a new project. See you soon!

I'll be linking up to Finish It Up Friday when it comes around :)

5 comments:

  1. How cute are those little Lego guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the little lego head with the cap and the glasses. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! My hubby would be all over those lego jammies. :) hmm...pillows are good way to practice free motion...I need to practice that - smart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Lego guys:):)

    What a great trip to go on and the pillow is great memorabilia!

    ReplyDelete